Friday, December 14, 2007

Final Thoughts

In my first eJournal, I saw technology through wary eyes. It seemed expensive, and risky, and complicated. My goals were find ways to overcome the frustrations posed by the language barrier, financial limitations, and lack of time present at St. Rose.

Through this course I feel I have come to a much better understanding and appreciation of technology. Twice a week, my class goes to our school’s computer lab for research, subject support, homework help, typing practice, or free/game time. Slowly, I am using more and more technology (beyond the overhead projector) in my classroom. We have made short movies and a few of my kids are becoming PowerPoint experts.

I’ve really enjoyed making the connections between educational research and theory to this course. I’m also now addicted to Wikis and am trying to find out if it’s possible to have a classroom Wiki at St. Rose.
Overall, this class has been a wonderful part of my first year of grad school and has been directly applicable to my teaching career—which I cannot say necessarily applies to other course I’ve been taking.

I want to continue working on webquests and wikis so that they become fluid and I will feel more comfortable teaching my own students how to create and respond to one.
Thank you for everything!
~Michelle



No comments:

EDPL 215---TECHNO JUNGLE BEAT!

aka: EDPL 215 1801 Using Tech for Instr/Assessmnt